Monday 18 March 2013

Amost there!

Visited the site again today, after a "business" meeting with my friend Trudi in The Eight Bells over lunch !
Trudi and I went to school together, - Trude born and bred in Snowshill, and myself in Mickleton we met at Chipping Campden School in the good old days :-) I have never forgiven her for tying me to the chair in a music lesson, by the woolly belt of my navy blue cardigan! - and every once in a while I remind her of it !!

Trude has been an amazing seamstress since leaving school, - and I am very lucky that she will be making the soft furnishings for Crafty Cottage using William Morris fabric design, - The Strawberry Thief (crimson/slate).

Everyone was working hard, - the gable end needs building up as soon as possible. Trude and I decided against measuring up the windows, - partly because it was a bit dusty from the stone cutting, - and thought we'd wait for stairs in preference to the ladder for the bedroom windows !  -  this delay will of course perhaps mean another pub lunch to discuss, - but "hey ho" ...!

Max helping with the stonework

Only took a few photos today, - but things are going according to plan thankfully, - even the weather !!



Side view of Crafty Cottage

Trude and I popped into "the gallery at the guild" which is in the Old Silk Mill behind the cottage.  A wonderful display of local artists work, sculpture, paintings, furniture, cards, - a very convenient place to explore for any future guests staying at the cottage and visiting Chipping Campden.

www.thegalleryattheguild.co.uk

*interior news....  - my side of things :-)
Thanks to ebay - I have acquired an antique treadle sewing machine table
which will be restored & used to make a dining table for the cottage.

....  will be keeping you up to date with things.

S




















No comments:

Post a Comment