Tuesday 2 July 2013

Things moving on! ............

Sorry it's been a while since my last post, - but things have been happening honest! ... although nothing particularly exciting enough, to post on-line!

Today the ball started rolling again - Dean has been on site finishing off the balustrades to the staircase, and Paul and I called in to the Cottage this evening to have a peek at what's been going on.  -  The stairs look great, - really pleased :-)  

 

.... it's starting to look like a real room !!

 


The stud wall for the ensuite has been made, and we are starting to look at sink and loo designs  (... sad? ... no exciting! :-)

Western Power also paid us a visit the other morning, and Hey Presto the little electricity box outside has disappeared, and we have a temporary box & sockets inside the cottage ....  

  

With the electricity box outside now gone,  this means we can get on with planning the garden area, and off road parking.  It has been quite handy to use the digger again to get a scratch footing sorted for the garden walls.  A new fence went up last week, ...... looking good !



Personally,  I can't wait to get my green fingers going on creating the outdoor space, and have already spent the last couple of sunny days (was that our summer?) putting together the willow tubs for the garden at Crafty Cottage.  ... only trouble is they look so nice in my garden at home I might have to keep them !!!   
oh no, - only joking :-(

 

So,   today's latest addition to works is the tiles are starting to go down on the floor of the lounge, - we have ordered a Cotswold Stone Fireplace from Wrights of Campden, local stonemasons - and it's a good job we had a strict budget because I defy anyone to walk around their showroom and not want one of their amazing fire surrounds!


It's fascinating to see the huge chunks of Cotswold Stone "before"  -  and i'm really looking forward to them telling us the fireplace is ready, - it's going to look wonderful in the cottage.  We opted for a local "Guiting" stone, and have our log burner ready and waiting !

Thanks to ebay we have also acquired another item of furniture!  after a few glasses of wine, and on a complete whim I bid on a wardrobe which just looked perfect for the cottage!  The next morning I woke to a message telling me I was the successful bidder, - and the consequently had to drag Paul off to Bath in the pouring rain on Thursday night to collect my £26 pound wardrobe !!  .... bargain :-) 

I love the detail on the panels either side of the wardrobe door, - and the fact it has a mirror on the door as wall space will be valuable @ CC.  


.. I think that brings us up to date with progress, - will be spending tonight deciding on the kitchen units and get them ordered asap.  ....  I'm becoming more and more involved with things myself now, - and loving every minute :-)
-S-












No comments:

Post a Comment