Thursday 10 January 2013

What's in a name ?

It's freeezing today, - and a bit foggy too but not enough to stop things happening on Sheep Street.

This morning my B&B guests,  a lovely young couple from Singapore invited me to join them at the breakfast table - which was nice as I don't get the chance (excuse the pun!) to do this very often.  Once everything was cleared and the guests had left for the day I made my way down to the cottage site, looking forward to seeing how things were going  - and Paul had told me the front door was now in situ (well, - the frame anyway!).

Wandering down Sheep Street with a mug of coffee & a slice of Christmas cake for Paul I could see Terry busy laying the Cotswold stone to the front of the cottage - it's looking great!  Infact, I couldn't have timed things any better - Paul told me that he had arranged with the stonemason to carve the words "Crafty Cottage" into one of the pieces of stone which will be laid beside the front door, so we went through the Old Silk Mill to his workshop behind, to see how things were going.......

Well,  he hadn't let any grass grow under his feet - Paul had only asked him if he could do it this morning, -  and it was nearly finished !!  -  saying how he could see how quickly the cottage was going up, he felt we might need it sooner rather than later !


Paul and Ian


Ian took us into his workshop, which resembles something magical built for a Hobbit!
which was amazing,  -  he's so clever! 



I don't remember posing for that statue  ?? !


Back to the site,  where the stone cropper once stood there is now a pile of Cotswold Stone ready to become the walls of the cottage.  - Can't wait to see how the name looks in the stonework ...



..... will of course be keeping you posted :-)


S



No comments:

Post a Comment